Diet Deviations? They're Not So Bad!



So, here's a picture of what happens when you get home from work in the middle of the night, are making lunches for the next day, and the creamy mashed potatoes, and particularly good batch of Rachael Ray 3 condiment gravy that you'd made/served for dinner earlier in the day is calling your name.
I would fret that this is going to pack on unhelpful weight, except that I eat SO WELL EVERY day, and exercise so regularly, that the OCCASSIONAL splurge on something that's not the worst, but also not the best for me, isn't going to make a dent:-)
Some people look at deviating from a 'diet' as cheating, and have guilt about not sticking to their program. Since my physical health has been transformed by my 'new' (18 months now) lifestyle, I am actually feeling pretty good on the rare occassion that I deviate. Since I do so well all the rest of the time, I know I can afford it.
I continue to be so grateful that God honored my desire for health, and gave me the motivation to pursue it. This change has not only transformed my physical health, but has positively impacted so many other areas of my life as well!

Comments

  1. Thank you for your unique perspective on "cheat" days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and tasty looking treat! It's great you're able to indulge in such treats without guilt, knowing how well you steward your health on a daily basis. I imagine that having such treats are also more special when they're occasional rather than on the regular. It has been inspiring to see and learn about your transformation that has taken place due to your new-ish lifestyle changes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Health... It's Not Really About the Numbers

Healthy Lifestyle Change? It has to be in our way of thinking, speech and actions!